Things To Do
Of course, the beach and reef at Calypso are always available, but there are many interesting places to see and visit. The weather can sometimes be quite variable (but rarely unpleasant) so it's best to choose your activities accordingly. On calm days with stable weather, take longer trips.
- Dive/snorkel and picnic at Pelican Cay Land and Sea Park (Sandy Cay)
- Dive/snorkel at Fowl Cay National Park
- Fish with Robert Lowe, or one of many other deep-sea fishermen (See Contact Us)
- Boat trip north to Guana Cay. Enjoy the beautiful beach and quaint restaurants
- Boat trip south to Little Harbour, visit the Johnson Foundry and Pete's Pub
- Paddleboard rental at Abaco Inn
- Visit Man-O-War's lovely harbor, see local boat builders, Alburys Sail Shop canvas goods
- Visit the Wyannie Malone Historical Museum in Hope Town
- Visit the famous Hope Town lighthouse
- Visit local gift shops: Ebb Tide, Crazy Crab, Lighthouse Gift Shop, Firefly Boutique, Hope Town Canvas
- Swim and picnic at Tahiti Beach, check out the boat bar, "Thirsty Cuda"
- Bicycle riding
- Golf cart cruising
There are many restaurants on the island offering a diversity of food and atmosphere, from conch burgers overlooking the harbor to grouper royale by candlelight. Dishes with local fish, conch, or lobster are favorites. Casual, but neat, attire is the rule.
- Abaco Inn
- Captain Jack's
- Firefly Resort
- Hope Town Inn and Marina
- "On Da Beach"
- Mackey's Takeaway
- Willie's Kitchen and Bar
- Pete's Pub at Little Harbour 242-577-5487
Enjoying Calypso's well equipped kitchen and numerous dining areas is always a "can't go wrong" option.
- Vernon's - full grocery in town with superb fresh bread and pies
- Harbour View - full grocery in town on harbour (with dock)
- LVA - small grocery/convenience store "around the corner" from Calypso
- Lighthouse Liquors - in town
- Jack's Liquors - in town