2021 was a year of incredible progress on Elbow Cay, with lots of new construction and exciting plans for additions and improvements island wide, underscoring the confidence of property owners and visitors in the future of the island.
In the pipeline…
- A new luxury resort and marina at the beautiful property formerly the Elbow Cay Club
- Investors are closely looking at the Sea Spray Marina and Restaurant property with plans to rebuild better than ever
- Investors are closely looking at the ocean-to-harbour Hope Town Harbour Lodge property, a greatly missed island icon
- The Pieces of Eight property has been purchased by the owner of Turtle Hill/On Da Beach, with plans to develop a boutique resort with a restaurant and spa
- Hope Town Inn and Marina continues their expansion, including an event pavilion on near-by Johnny’s Cay.
- A fitness center is in the planning stages.
- A new grocery store is soon to open in a recently constructed building on the Queen’s Highway.
- A new bakery and sweet shop have opened
- Commercial grade laundry services are now available
- Mackey’s Take Away has been completely renovated and expanded
- Two ferry services now offer full schedules with the most choices ever
At Calypso, 2021 was an opportunity for making many small but important improvements.
- Windows were rebuilt, most with new glass
- Sand fences were placed to build up the beach
- New rugs
- New ice maker
- House WIFI was completely replaced
- Fiber optic cable (We don’t have that at home!) was installed for fast internet, TV, and phone services
- The yard received extensive professional landscaping, including the addition of several dozen full sized palm trees to replace ones lost in Dorian